WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

How do I get an injunction against an illegal buildilng in

Customer Question

how do I get an injunction against an illegal buildilng in Denver.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

You would have to go into the Colorado state court in the county where the property is located and petition the court to grant a temporary restraining order. In order to get that you would have to show that there is immediate harm about to occur, and that it is an emergency situation. Otherwise, you would have to just file a regular lawsuit and wait until the court was ready to hear the case. But in an emergency, you can get an injunction.

Additionally, you must demonstrate the strength of your case and convince the court that under Colorado law, you are likely to win the case. If you can show all this, then the court will grant the injunction. Otherwise, you will have to go through the normal procedures and wait until the court can hear the case and give you a judgment for monetary compensation, rather than an injunction.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.