Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I'm moving in a house with friends and my one friend moving

Customer Question

I'm moving in a house with friends and my one friend moving in is the daughter of the owner of the house and she smokes pot is it legal in pa for her to make me sign an agreement allowing weed in the house but no other illegal drugs or I get kicked out? I don't want any drugs in the house but all the other roommates smoke pot is it legal in pa for her to make a contract saying that?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

A contract agreeing to illegal activity is not enforceable or legally binding. Also, if she were caught or arrested, and you signed something like this, you could be implicated as well.....so it is not advisable to sign something like this. The only exception would be if the roommate has a medical certificate to use the drugs.