KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

Recover payment of a Mortage. The owners agreed to repair

Customer Question

Recover payment of a Mortage.
The owners agreed to repair the house and payment me in monthly quotas. A mortgage payments was signed by owners; the payments were OK for the first year. In the second year the payments were behind. The hurricane IKE almost destroyed the house. I could not request payment from September 2008. Finally last year they fix the house and I believe both owners are working
I need to recover the money that spend in this house about $22,000 with any additional interest
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

If you have a mortgage, then hopefully it states that you have the right to foreclose on this property? Please take a close look and see.

The right to foreclose means that you can now force the sale of this property, and receive full payment for what is due to you when that sale happens. This is the best remedy you have available to you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kim

Hello, I am glad to have helped you with your legal question yesterday.

Please go ahead and rate the question a 4 or 5 to close it out. If not, the system may keep your money and I don't get paid for my work with you. It is much appreciated, as this is my full time job.

Thank you and take care,

Kim

I just realized that there is a new feature where I have to check a box in order for you to close out on your end.

Positive feedback will ensure that the system does not keep your money, and that I get paid for my work with you.

Take care,

Kim