Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Purchased a timeshare 10 years ago paid cash and have been

Customer Question

purchased a timeshare 10 years ago paid cash and have been paying maintenance fees on time every since. Wife and I are in our seventies and have no use for it nor can we afford the fees. Tried to give it away, tried to sell it , and donate to no avail. Do you have suggestion. I feel that there something wrong with a contract that obligates you for life as well your heirs in your estate
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

Tell me, have you contacted the management company about "buying out" the contract? If so what was the response?