RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

If my lease expired and I was told I could renew it 'any

Customer Question

If my lease expired and I was told I could renew it 'any time' and now the new manager won't let me sign a new lease. She says I have to wait until the anniversary date of when my old lease expired. Is this true or can I insist/request to have a new lease written?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Once the lease expires, you would become a month to month tenant. At that point and at any time thereafter, you and the management could enter into a new lease term. You do not have to wait unless they have specific internal rules and while you can request or even insist it, you can not demand it cause they do not have to comply.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!