Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Live in texas, cancelled a short sale before signing of

Customer Question

live in texas, cancelled a short sale before signing of closing. had concerns of broker with unethical business practice. asked company to sign termination of listing with what their expectations would be for commission. they refused to sign asking for full commission. mortgage company said they hadnt provided all information so closing wasnt possible. they are asking for me to sign release of earnest money but added line6 refused to sale breach of contract. that line asks for paragraph of contract or addedum. not what they added.. when i asked for paragraph number. they told me what it was but dont want to add to form. what legal rights do i have if any.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What was the concern about unethical business practice? Please be specific.

2) Is there any way you can upload the broker's contract with you? Do you have a digital copy of it?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.