LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

This question is California real estate lawyer: I am selling

Customer Question

This question is for a California real estate lawyer:
I am selling my family home to my son and his wife. My son and I both have real estate licenses. What level of disclosures am I required to provide in this private sale?
Thanks,
Tony
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Tony,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The disclosures required do not change because both buyer and seller are licensed in real estate, nor does it change because the sale is between parent and child. The disclosures required by state and federal law all apply to the transaction that you reference. Here is a link to a list of mandatory disclosures, based on the type of property being sold:

http://www.car.org/6447/67397/138399/sales-disclosure-chart

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug