Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience.
77476456

I bought a home under the assumption that it was a mobile

Customer Question

I bought a home under the assumption that it was a mobile home, but it turns out it was converted to real property, now the realtor is making me Cary home owners insurance on it but how is that possible when the home is part of the property and I don't own the property, in fact if I can't move the home and will always have to pay rent then I don't even own the home that I bought
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The seller and the real estate agent had an obligation to disclose the nature of the property prior to the sale. If they failed to make those disclosures in writing you may have a cause of action to undo the deal. Depending on the amount you spent you may be able to bring the action in Small Claims Court. The limit in Nevada Small Claims is $7,500.00. So if you paid that or less (or are willing to sue for that amount) you can bring the action without an attorney.

You can find the forms you need here:

http://www.civillawselfhelpcenter.org/forms/small-claims-forms

Here is a summary of the process:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/nevada-small-claims-court-31898.html

You may also file a complaint with the Nevada Real Estate Division, which regulates the real estate agent. You can do that here:

http://red.nv.gov/Content/Compliance/File_a_Complaint/

There is no cost to filing this complaint.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.