Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Is it legal real estate to put property on the market

Customer Question

Is it legal for a real estate to put property on the market without a clear deed? He also wants to hold our $5500 earnest deposit saying we have backed out. I don't think we can purchase a home where the deed has a previous mortgage on it. We don't know what to do.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you explain what you mean by a "previous mortgage"? That is, is this something that would be paid off when you would pay him?

In other words, can you explain what you mean by "without a clear deed"?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response... Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

I see you still haven't responded in some time. DId you wish to continue with this question?