Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Just bought a time share that I have changed my mind on in

Customer Question

Just bought a time share that I have changed my mind on in Orlando Florida. Paperwork states as follows, you may cancel your purchase agreement without penality or obligation within 10 calandar days after the date you sign your purchase agreement or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you pursuant to section 721.07(6) Florida statues, whichever is later.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. What is your exact legal question and how long ago did you sign the paperwork? Have you received the following documents?

(a) A copy of the purchaser public offering statement text in the form approved by the division for delivery to purchasers.

(b) Copies of the exhibits required to be filed with the division pursuant to subparagraphs (5)(ff)1., 2., 4., 5., 8., and 20.

(c) A receipt for timeshare plan documents and a list describing any exhibit to the filed public offering statement filed with the division which is not delivered to the purchaser. The division is authorized to prescribe by rule the form of the receipt for timeshare plan documents and the description of exhibits list that must be furnished to the purchaser. The description of documents list utilized by a developer shall be filed with the division for review as part of the filed public offering statement pursuant to this section. The developer shall be required to provide the managing entity with a copy of the approved filed public offering statement and any approved amendments thereto to be maintained by the managing entity as part of the books and records of the timeshare plan pursuant to s. 721.13(3)(d).

(d) Any other exhibit which the developer includes as part of the purchaser public offering statement, provided that the developer first files the exhibit with the division.

(e) An executed copy of any document which the purchaser signs.

(f) Each purchaser shall receive a fully executed paper copy of the purchase contract.

Due to Bar ethics rules I cannot provide the phone call service that is requested. I am more than willing to continue the question with you if you can answer my information request. Otherwise, if you still want a phone conversation, then let me know and I will opt out of the question. Thank you