MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I received a summons dealing with a hoa issue. The summons

Customer Question

I received a summons for court dealing with a hoa issue. The summons is set for November 24, 2015, at which I will be out of state for my Thanksgiving break. Do I not show up? Who can I contact to let me know I cannot make it? I had received a letter from HindmanSanchez regarding dues. I forgot about it, but the total that they are stating that I must pay is not the correct total that I owe. It is a mess. ***** *****
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Just to be clear, the summons is for failure to pay the monthly association fees, right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was. i currently have the money to pay it in full, but with the summons hanging over my head, i don't feel that i should do that because then they would still state that i owe $1600 when i would owe nothing.

Ok. If you have the money to pay it in full, you should contact the attorney for the Association (this would be the attorney that signed the summons at the bottom of the page) and let him/her know that you are willing to pay the amount owed in full in exchange for a dismissal of the action.