Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My wife quick claim her home to a real estate investor. They

Customer Question

My wife quick claim her home to a real estate investor. They paid the mortgage for a few years everything was okay. The real estate investor fell on hard times. The investor quick claim the home back over to my wife. Come to find out the house is trashed. Do we have any recourse?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I am afraid that I don't have very good news, so please don't "shoot the messenger". When wife quitclaimed over the house to the investor, she gave up all ownership of it to the investor. So it is then his house to do what he wants and maintain however he chooses to. Then if wife accepted a quitclaim deed back for the property, she would have accepted it in the present condition it was in so she wouldn't have any legal grounds to go after the investor for damages.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy. I don't want to see you spend a bunch of money on an attorney trying to pursue something that won't result in a win for you...

.

.

thanks