Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am a fairly new business owner. My business condo suite is

Customer Question

I am a fairly new business owner. My business condo suite is located in a mostly residential building. A water intrusion problem was discovered during my build out phase over 2.5 years ago. The management and board took responsibility initially by paying for temporary fixes. The problem was to be permanently taken care of as part of a capital project. When that project got underway we discovered we were not a part of the project. The pipes all of a sudden belonged to me. We've had many business losses and damages.
How do I find an affordable attorney to recoup losses and force the HOA to take responsibilty for pipes that are a part of a system and in many cases don't even service my suite?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you looked at your bylaws and CC&R yet to see what was your liability and what is not your liability under common areas yet? This should be stated in those documents and that is the first place to look before you known what action to take next.