LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

What do I do if my homeowners insurance company won't

Customer Question

What do I do if my homeowners insurance company won't renew my policy?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Insurance companies are not obligated to renew a policy. If their underwriting guidelines make you ineligible for renewal for one reason or another, then you have no choice but to search for a new insurer. It is legal for the insurance company to not renew your policy though.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug