How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7151
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a mortgage that on the mortgage papers it has the

Customer Question

Hi, we have a mortgage that on the mortgage papers it has the wrong city as property address. I contacted the mortgage company and they say they can't correct it. So why are we paying for a house in another city? What can we do? What will happen when we try to sell?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If the legal description on the mortgage is correct, it makes no difference how the common street , city, state address is shown. Also, it can be corrected simply by recording an amended mortgage document that is signed by both the lender and owner. In recent years, borrowers usually sign a document at closing which requires the borrower to cooperate in correcting typographical errors in the documents. If the legal description is correct and the county is stated correctly, you should have no problem selling or mortgaging the property in the future.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions