Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

We have a mortgage that on the mortgage papers it has the

Customer Question

Hi, we have a mortgage that on the mortgage papers it has the wrong city as property address. I contacted the mortgage company and they say they can't correct it. So why are we paying for a house in another city? What can we do? What will happen when we try to sell?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If the legal description on the mortgage is correct, it makes no difference how the common street , city, state address is shown. Also, it can be corrected simply by recording an amended mortgage document that is signed by both the lender and owner. In recent years, borrowers usually sign a document at closing which requires the borrower to cooperate in correcting typographical errors in the documents. If the legal description is correct and the county is stated correctly, you should have no problem selling or mortgaging the property in the future.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.