Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

P.. can i get my deceased fathers home back after a

Customer Question

Hi p.simmons. can i get my deceased fathers home back after a foreclosure sale? I am not on the loan, But in Ga i have researched and found that the heirs have a right to buy property back after tax sale, or foreclosure sale
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Tax and foreclosure sales are very different. Tax sales usually have a redemption period after the sale when the owner, or in your case the owner's estate/heirs may redeem the property from the sale. With Foreclosure sales, that is not the case. The sale is followed by a deed to the buyer, and that is the end of it. There are no special rules for heirs or any post sale right of redemption in GA. I hope that this answer is helpful and that you will enter an accept with a positive rating.