WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I wanted to purchase and apartment that a friend of my was

Customer Question

I'm Ecuadorian and I wanted to purchase and apartment that a friend of my was selling. He is from Ecuador too. we both leave here in California. In january of this year we both travel to Quito- Ecuador to see and check the apartment that he was selling. I like the apartment and the price 115k. well we make a agreement and he ask for a deposit to secure the deal. I gave him $42000. Now that he has my money is giving me excuses to complete the transaction. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Since he is living in California, you have the right to sue him in California court. Under California law, you can file a lawsuit against him for breach of contract. He will lose and he will have to give you back your $42,000 or give you whatever profit you would have made buying the property too, since he is now not permitting you to close the sale.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.