Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

This is a question about Apartment conversions to condos in

Customer Question

This is a question about Apartment conversions to condos in Phoenix Arizona. My son is a first time home buyer and can afford to buy a 70,000 home with the salary he is making. A condo conversion has come up at Phoenician-Palms-Condominium-Phoenix-AZ at
3421 W Dunlap Ave Phoenix Arizona. As a matter of fact according to Condos.com reference included there are a number of condos for sale for under 50,000. This seems too good to be true. He talked to the owner who owns 15 condo units which he says he rents
out. Another lady who was a renter said her owner owns four units. With renters, renters rights, and the competition among apartments in Arizona it seems difficult for me to visualize how a first time buyer who owns and lives in his own unit would come out
ahead. Can you give me some rule of thumbs in how to deal with a situation like this as a first time buyer? Thank you Ronald Quinn Here is the web reference. http://www.condo.com/Phoenician-Palms-Condominium-Phoenix-AZ/For-Sale
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is Philip. I am an Arizona attorney and I have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Ronald, happy to help if I can. But need to make sure I understand your question...you want to know how it makes sense to own and live in your own home?

Would it help to chat on the phone? I can make that happen for an additional $15

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please call me at XXX XXX XXXX
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sir, you have to accept the offer I sent before we can talk on the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not now, I will get back to you later. I am speaking for my son and need to understand the situation better myself.
Regards Ron
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Certainly. Happy to help if you need