P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

If my husband and I purchased our home in our business name,

Customer Question

If my husband and I purchased our home in our business name, which we are the sole members of, and are now buying from our company, would it be considered a refinance, or a new mortgage?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

What you are describing would require a new mortgage. It is not a refinance because the purchaser is different than from the original mortgage.

What you're describing, the business would be selling the home to you and your husband.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.