RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

A property group just bought my home in foreclosure. are

Customer Question

a property group just bought my home in foreclosure. are they allowed to enter the house with me and my family
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. No, they can not just enter the home. As the new owner, they would need to provide you with notice if they intend to enter. They can not just walk in or use self help to remove you from the property. You will typically be contacted by them or their realtor and asked to vacate and they may even offer you a keys for cash type of deal. If you can not work something out with them and refuse to leave, they will have to evict you through the courts. They can not use self help to get you out and just change the locks or turn off the power or water.