Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I am in Oklahoma. My mother died without leaving me, her

Customer Question

I am in Oklahoma. My mother died without leaving me, her only living relative, as beneficiary of her house, valued at $17K. I have downloaded the form OK-ET10 which is based upon 58 OS 393, simple affidavit for estate less than $20K. I want to know if I present this affidavit to court clerk, do they need another form to transfer warranty deed from my mother's name to mine? Do I need to provide this form, and what is it called? Thank you very much!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, you do need an additional form to actually transfer the title of the house to you. The document you need is a quit claim deed. Once signed and notarized, it will need to be recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. I have attached that form for you which you can easily complete with your specific information.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!