WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I am looking with providing legal research of applicable

Customer Question

I am looking for assistance with providing legal research of applicable case law to support an Appellate brief. The field is tax lien certificates. Montana. See: MCA Title 15, Chapters 16, 17, and 18. It is a Montana Supreme Court Appeal. I am the Appellant.
Tax lien law is an obscure niche but because it is my specialty I know more about the details of tax liens and their statutes than most lawyers, and judges included. However, while I am educated and can read the statutes, I know nothing about legal research
other than that case cites are EXTREMELY important, otherwise one's arguments simply get discarded as being "conclusory". Judges like case cites in support of statements. I currently am working with a local Montana attorney in a collaboration wherein I make
the strategic decisions and write all pleadings and briefs, and he simply presents them according to the protocols of civil procedure. However, it has only been moderately successful as he is busy and makes a lot of CP mistakes...for instance, neglecting to
support a summary judgment answer with affidavits, which cost me that case when the brief was accordingly thrown out as being conclusory, or mailing a filing instead of hand delivering it. That one was thrown out went it arrived one day late and was thus an
untimely filing, etc. I will spare you the details. If you are interested, you should first take the time to read the 10,000 word opening brief. You will then have a very good idea of what I need, which is basically case cites to support the legal arguments
that I present. I suppose that such work would be billed on an hourly basis, which is fine by me. I am interested in results, rather than simply efforts. If this works out, I also will need someone to consult with regarding future issues, but that is the future.
This brief is the present. If you are interested, I will need to email you the brief. It is in .rtf format (MS Word). Can this be done? Thanks for your consideration. Christian
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I can help you with the brief and research. We should jump on a call to discuss what you need, so please accept the phone chat request and we can get going on it.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm...is there a decimal point error in that offer? Seems a bit steep for a cousultation just to find out how you can help. Most such introductory consultations are gratis.
Do you do legal research? What is your hourly rate for such a service?
I have an email prepared that will explain what I need researched, but first thing is you should read the brief. That will give you plenty of information as to how you can help. Shall I email it to you?
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Can't help you. Good luck.