Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

The have had a mortgage since 1988 the 1st transfer of the

Customer Question

The have had a mortgage since 1988 the 1st transfer of the Mortgage took place around 1991 at which time I signed up for an equity accelerator program It was estimated that I would be able to pay off my loan 7years earlier. In addition I made at least a dozen additional payments. The loan should have been paid off at the latest in 2011. I am still however payong on this mortgage and have principle and interest of about $5000.00. The loan has been held by 5 organizations including GMac. None of the current banks or equity accelerator program can access any old records. I of course do not have records for 27 years. I also cannot locate the original info with Equity Accelerator which was Old Kent Bank at the time. Do I have any recourse on a dispute that my Mortgage should have been Paid off years ago?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You have the right to demand an accounting from the lender, requesting an itemization of all payments made by you over the years.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You can make a written request to the lender for this information, but if it doesn't provide what you want/need, then you have the right to sue for an accounting and ask the court to require that it be provided to you.