Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am living in a property that was lease to option to

Customer Question

I am living in a property that was lease to option to purchase. I had all my loans in place and ready to purchase last month. The seller refused to sign the purchase agreement so that we could proceed with loan and escrow. My lease term expired at the end of last month. Can the seller just turned down not to sign in WA state? I paid the seller $7200.oo during the 3 years period that was agreed upon as paid of my purchase price.
What can be done?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

It would be important to see the terms of your rent to purchase agreement. If you met all of your obligations under the contract and the seller breached the terms you would have an action against the seller for specific performance as well as other remedies for default as set out in the contract. Can you attach you contract? What is your real estate attorney advising you?