Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My friend and i were forced to sign paperwork as

Customer Question

my friend and i were forced to sign paperwork as shareholders in a mobile home co-op. we are not legal owners of mobile home or space. my friend was a caregiver to women who passed away 4 years ago, son in Texas owns it now.He agreed to allow me to stay
there if i payed fees of 220. a month. I explained i could not. Never got a response .I lived there from august 31st till october 12 th, of this year .Now i was forced to move out because of no income .My friend was obligated to pay 332. dollars for time i
lived there .she owes me 750. from a loan in which she refuses to pay me .park is threatening legal action against us if we do not pay last months rent. Homeowner was in arrears for 2 mnths.& chronicley late with payments.Park will take possesion of property
soon if he -we are late or do not pay.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now i feel trapped because my so called friend can use this as a reason not to pay back the loan . she has power to embarass me if i attempt to collect thru small claims court.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this situation?
You lived in the property without paying any rent, but your friend owes you $750, how much do you owe her for the rent?
Did you both live in the property at the time?