MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

3 property owners share access to private driveway. The road

Customer Question

3 property owners share access to private driveway. The road connects from a haul road. The lane is not paved. Snow is not removed by the state. Can one of the property owners lease access to a construction company without permission from the other two property owners? If they signed a contract with a company can one of the owners shoot the construction company trespassers?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am going to assist you with you question.

First of all, no owner can shoot someone for simply trespassing. So, if the construction company is using the private driveway (even if they are not permitted to do so), no owner can use deadly force against them.

I need to say this part right off the bat prior to discussing the real property issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the answer? Please refund my money.

No. I am typing the answer. Plus you haven't paid yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes I have paid $36.00 and I was supposed to only pay $5.00

From you example it is not clear who owns the road. It seems like the road may be a common area between the 3 properties that is not owned by the state. If that is the case, then ownership of the road is shared between all 3 property owners.

If that road is the only access to the properties and one of the property owners needs work done on his home, that owner may grant access to the construction company so that the work can be completed.

However, one owner cannot, without the approval of the other two owners, lease the driveway out to a construction company to simply profit it off of. This is something that all 3 owners would need to decide on and agree to.

Your offer to pay for this answer is $18. That $18 is currently still in your account.

The only way that 1 owner would be able to lease the property out to the construction company would be if they were the sole owner of the road and the other two owners only had easements to access and use the road because it was the only way in and out of the property.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Transaction Details--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment to JustAnswer
Status: Completed
Manage my transaction
Contact seller
Report unauthorized transaction
.
You have until 5/1/2016 20:32 PDT to notify the seller directly about any problems with this order.
See the Purchase Protection Policy for more details.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Express Checkout Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #7XB15930NT288715P)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Business Name:
JustAnswer (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
***@******.***--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total amount:
-$36.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$36.00 USD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Insurance:
$0.00 USD
Item amount:
$36.00 USD
Sales Tax:
$0.00 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invoice ID:
29538876
Date:
Nov 2, 2015
Time:
19:32:10 PST
Status:
Completed--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that you paid $36. However, your account has an $18 credit (which is what you are offering to pay for this question). You technically don't pay for the answers here until you accept them. If you don't accept them, then you don't pay and the money stays in your justanswer.com account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other property owner is selling access to Windmill company which I oppose. I offered to quit claim and sell for fair market value. I would like to sue the other owner. from 2,000,000 the loss of that sale, the loss of my property value and the money he received for entering into a fraudulent contract. Would a law firm do that on contingency and do I need a real estate lawyer or contract lawyer

Whether a law firm takes a case like that on contingency is a decision that is entirely up to them. Typically, if you stand to recover a large sum of money, law firms would be willing to take the case on a contingency. Even if one law firm is not willing to do it, if you keep searching, you will find a law firm that would be.

Also, what you should be looking for is a real estate litigation attorney.

If I have answered all your questions, please feel free to rate my responses. Thank you.