socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

How do I locate all the realty properties sold by a realtor

Customer Question

How do I locate all the realty properties sold by a realtor including selling price?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

The information that you are seeking is held in the local multiple listing service (MLS) database operated by the association of realtors to which the real estate agent is a member. If you can identify the identity, then you could probably pay a few bucks to another local agent to access the MLS and pull the agent's sold listing info.

You may even be able to get the agent to do it for nothing, if they think you are interested in buying or selling real estate.

There is no other means of obtaining the information you seek.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the state doesn't keep a public record that is searchable?

No, there is no such available public record. The reason why the MLS keeps the info is so that the real estate brokers can decide which agents are performing well and which aren't. The IRS and the NH tax authorities would have records of the 1099-Misc. Commission statements for every agent. But, that information is protected confidential government info, and there's no way to obtain disclosure, at least not without a court order.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!