Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in Washtenaw county Michigan and I have a 2 bedroom/

Customer Question

I live in Washtenaw county Michigan and I have a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath 1000 sq foot apartment. One bathtub cracked and it took 4 months to get a new one. The apartment manager offered 100 credit because they were at the mercy of the contractor. My answer was I pay for 2 bedrooms/2 baths all year ( resident since June 7, 2013) and I calculated 6 rooms at losing 1/2 of a room for 4 months - reasonably requested 80 a month credit ( 320 total). I pay 979 , 25 water, 25 pet, 25 a month total 1054 ( because I'm moving out in March 2016.
thank you, ***** *****
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, the landlord is offering you a credit of $100 per month or total, for the loss of use of the bathtub? Also, what did you determine the lost value to be AND is the entire bathtub/shower useless or is it that just the bath can not be used bu the shower can?