RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Florida Real Estate Law If a person has a lease ,and the

Customer Question

Florida Real Estate Law If a person has a lease ,and the landlord decides to sell, is the tenant obligated to show the property and if so what are the rules?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Yes, the tenant needs to cooperate with the landlord and allow the rental to be shown. However, the tenant needs to be given reasonable notice and the rental should be shown during normal business hours, as to not disturb the tenant and their right to quiet enjoyment. Moreover, the tenant has a right to be present if they desire, so they can arrange with the landlord for a time that works for all parties.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!