Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

How do I transfer or donor a property to a non profit

Customer Question

how do I transfer or donor a property to a non profit organization
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Property can be transferred or donated via a deed, where the donor states that he's giving up any and all interest he has in the property in exchange for goodwill. The document must be signed in front of a notary and then the donee will file it with the county where the property is located. If you own the non-profit organization, a local attorney can go over all the formalities that you'll need to follow regarding the property going forward (like only using funds from the organization's bank accounts to do maintenance and repairs). You may be able to find forms to do the transfer via sites like www.uslegalforms.com or www.legalzoom.com.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.