MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I signed a contract as booth renter year on September 9,

Customer Question

I signed a contract as booth renter for 1 year on September 9, 2015 with the salon I have been with for the past 3 years. She wrote the contract as beginning August 24, 2015, even though she didnt present it until September 9, 2015. She also told me on 9/9/2015 that rent had gone up and now I also needed to back pay her to 8/24/2015 to backpay her. A month ago, she started asking me in front of my clients for the rent, 4 days early. I did not have a check with me, as rent was not even due. Since then, she has locked me out of one of my storage cabinets that I was given the day I started in the salon over 3 years ago. She just threw my stuff everywhere. On 10/30/2015, she sent her husband up to see me, again 4 days early to demand payment or to leave. He isnt even authorized to do this as he isnt listed in the contract at all. Plus, I had a client there. I cannot work in this hostile environment where my rights and space are being infringed upon and violated intentionally. Does her actions constitute constructive eviction as there is no quiet enjoyment of rental space as well as being denied access to storage that was always mine? What are my options for legal actions?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Karen,

Hello. My name is***** would like to assist you with your question.

I would need to see the contract you signed to be better able to answer your question. Could you please provide the contract?

Thank you.