Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

I put a hundred dollar deposite on a motel that rents by the

Customer Question

I put a hundred dollar deposite on a motel that rents by the week yesterday i called today to inform them i will not be taking the room he said im not getting my deposit back but no place on my reciet does it say non refundable can a hotel who rents by the week ask for a two hundred dollar deposit and can i get my hundred back since it does not say non refundable
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** an a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, deposit by a definition is considered non-refundable if the consumer fails to follow through with the rental, so the motel does have the right to request deposit to be put down toward any future rental and while consumer can file formal complaint against the motel with Florida Attorney General Office and the local Better Business Bureau, it is not very likely that such deposit would be returned if consumer failed to follow up with the rental as agreed.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.