Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We received our closing statement and discovered that the

Customer Question

We received our closing statement and discovered that the contract we signed included us paying for the loan fee for the buyer in the amount of $6,200. Is there anything we can do to get this corrected? I am considering not going to the closing.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach a copy of the contract and the closing statement so we can see if you agreed to these charges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to attached it. I have talked to my realtor and it is included in the contract. Thoughts?

If you agreed to pay the costs you could be sued by the purchasers for specific performance to force you to close. I would really need to see what you signed to be sure that you have any obligation and if you do have an obligation how much is the maximum you agreed to pay. I would also want to see if there are any escape clauses that can be utilized to get you out of the contract legally without being in breach. I do not necessarily take the realtor's interpretation of the contract as they are not attorneys. The site can accept an email if you are able to scan and email the contract.

What real estate contract form are you using? Did the realtor tell you the paragraph in the contract that shows your agreement? What type of financing is the purchaser obtaining?

What is going on with your contract?