Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have lived in my condo years and of the 14years starting

Customer Question

I have lived in my condo for 14 years and of the 14years starting in 2010 until now 2015 I have had rodent problems coning from attic into living area of my condo. I have been treated by management and the board members totally unfair as I see it. Starting in 2010 I contacted the management about noise in my closet in bedroom and attic. They did get a few companies at their choice nothing got accomplished. I had a friend and they recommended a company. He came in to my condo and used his cages and caught flying squirrels and a large roof rat. Before that the rodents have damaged my hardware floors furniture, clothing, mattress etc. I had to move out I could not live in these conditions. I was horrified. I have been through so much emotional stress along with uperestpatory problems. They have tried to avoid my constant need for help. I need to know what can be done. I can't live like this.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are HOA not responsible for letting rodents get into my condo unit and causing all this damaged and emotional distress. No one should have to live like this. Constant fear at night and early morning ,little sleep if any some nights. The problem is still going on every night. Causing health problems, rodents carry all type of diseases. The rodents have been in my mattress, sofa I cannot beginto tell you what thisis doing to my life.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, the problem is the Association problem because it involves more than your Unit. It involves the common areas of the attic and the roof.

If the Condo Association has refused or failed to remedy the infestation problem, then you need to file lawsuit against the Association to remedy the situation. You need to file Emergency Motion and request that the Court order the Association to get an exterminator to investigate and treat the problem.

You may retain the services of a local Attorney who handles Condo/HOA issues to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org