How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I record a 2nd mortgage in Michigan, is there a document

Customer Question

If I record a 2nd mortgage in Michigan, is there a document I can file to prevent the holder of the 1st mortgage from advancing additional monies on the 1st mortgage?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am afraid that this would not be possible. Ultimately you cannot interfere with anyone else's recording rights, and they cannot interfere with your recording rights. The holder of the 1st mortgage has their own choice as far as advancing more funds because their relationship and agreement with the property holder are separate and distinct from your relationship. My apologies!


Dimitry, Esq.

Related Real Estate Law Questions