Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have been approved loan to purchase a mobile home in

Customer Question

I have been approved for a loan to purchase a mobile home in Serendipity Mobile Home Park, Clearwater, Fl.
I filled out the application form for approval from the park board of directors, application was denied because of credit.
I called trans union and have taken care of all negative issues except one.
Went back to the board and asked for a meeting to prove that I had taken care of the negative issues, still was denied .
What are my rights if any
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The park cannot "unreasonably deny" your application. So your rights are to appeal their decision, explaining all of the negative issues and inform them that their continued denial is now being unreasonable as the issues no longer exist. If they refuse to reconsider, you can take action against them for arbitrarily and capriciously denying your admission once you have satisfied their requirements and ask the court for a declaratory judgment to order them to admit you. Your other option is to take your money back if you put a deposit down with the seller, since the denial by the park is not your fault, and go seek to live elsewhere where the board is not as big of a bunch of jerks.