Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

How do you report a fraudulent activity in real

Customer Question

how do you report a fraudulent activity in real estate..someone who is not a citizen and works in real estate as a citizen?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If someone is acting as an unlicensed agent and representing people to sell their property, then they can be reported to the state Real Estate Commission and they can take legal action against them to force them to stop their actions or face criminal prosecution for fraud.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if that person is licensed and has got his license as a citizen whereas he is an illegal immigrant
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

That too would be reported to the Real Estate Commission especially if they misrepresented their legal status as part of any application to obtain a real estate license..

.

If the person is an illegal immigrant, then they can also be reported to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and they could potentially deport the person.

.

.

thanks