Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

I received an eviction notice on my business doorwith a quit

Customer Question

I received an eviction notice on my business doorwith a quit claim deed saying they purchased my property at an county auction. I was not aware of my business being in foreclosure. Do I have any options to retain my property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify if you are a RENTER or this is your property?

Also, what COUNTY is this in, please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wayne County, MI
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Can you please clarify if you are a RENTER to this property, or, this is your property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The business is owned by the Corporation of which I am the President. I obtained the corporation on my own due to a divorce in 2006.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I am not asking about the business, but the property. Do you or your business ALSO OWN THE PROPERTY?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

It sounds like your property was auctioned off in a tax sale. You need to contact Wayne County Treasurer to get information on this and to confirm that this is a valid sale and not something that the party has simply made up. Their number is(###) ###-####

is there anyway I can pay what is needed and retrieve my property?

There may be, yes. See HERE and read through this carefully, please. Ergo, they may not have the power to evict you as a tenant yet because until/unless that redemption period passes, they do not have "full ownership" of the property.

Using counsel is recommended. Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!