Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm renting a home in Capitola Calif. I've been a homeowner

Customer Question

I'm renting a home in Capitola Calif. I've been a homeowner for over 25 yrs & this is my first rental so 1 I"m not sure of my renters rights bringing me to my 2 questions the first is our street is very busy & cars park in front of our homes all the time due to the fact we're in walking distance of the beach & a very popular restaurant. In the 6 mths I've been here I have always b in mought my cans in within 24 hrs of the garbage being picked up knowing that if you don't you could be cited but my question is about garbage cans being put infront of your neighbors home. I've never done that but on 2 occasions my cans were moved by someone wanting to park in front of my home & I have a landlord who constantly is making accusations of things I do but never has proof. Her most recent is that my cans are in front of the neighbors and if it happens again they will call the police and I will be cited, is that true? My other question is if I am being harrased about things I am not doing and there is no proof can I sue them for harrasment? Thank you for your help
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma....for your second question, who is harassing you? the landlord? And if so, how?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually would like to talk with you over the phone could you please tell me what your fee is?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

$5 additional. I sent the offer