RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Can a landlord in the state of Wyoming kick a tenant out

Customer Question

Can a landlord in the state of Wyoming kick a tenant out with out a court order? This is a tenant who has a child and there is no place for them to go.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. NO. The landlord CAN NOT use self help to remove a tenant from the home. By that, I mean they can not change the locks, remove the tenant physically, or shut off the power or electric. Those means are illegal and if it is done, the tenant can sue the landlord for damages. The landlord MUST proceed through the court and get a court order, requiring them to vacate and then if they refuse, would need to get the Sheriff to remove them.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!