Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I need help, I had work done on my home three (3) years ago

Customer Question

I need help, I had work done on my home three (3) years ago through a grant program. I am disabled and have stage 4 cancer (in remission)There was a roof put over a uneven foundation. I had ask to get the foundation leveled, but alas they did NOT do that. Now I have a 7.5 in drop in the floors,large gaps on my walls,(can see daylight through walls) the ceiling is separating and my entire house is shifting, the city has said they could rebuild,but only 1200sq.ft , my home now has 2800 sq.ft. this is wrong the contractor and the hud inspector were told by the roofer that it was not a good idea to put a brand new roof over a unlevel foundation. I have that in writing by the roofer. They did not care and told me that this was nothing to worrie about and would not affect the rest of my home . This city does things any way they like and does not care it seems who gets hurt. My life is difficult enough without this added stress ,please is there anyone who can help me ???????????????
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes a lawsuit is not necessary because the consumer is protected under consumer protection laws, State and sometimes Federal. Is this roofer licensed with the State?

Can you tell me is the roofer is licensed?