Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am a struggling home owner me and my husband have had

Customer Question

i am a struggling home owner me and my husband have had hardships with our health we"ve spent over 5,000 dollars trying to get a mortgage modification, these lawyers have lied to us ,saying pay us x amount of money and we can help you, when they get your money we have no more contact with them. one firm said we should have paid if we wanted our home, so we left them another firm said we needed to file chapter 13 but still pay the payments on our home and that was all we could do,so that led us to this present firm,he told us to theaten the other firm to file a law suit with the commission we did,get 600 of the 3000 that we paid. so this firm wanted 2000 and they would start right away on our case.it's been 18 months to date since we started this process,and we can't pay the last 800 dollars,our funds are depleted since my husband is on kidney dialysis he has not worked for a month,now this firm is say they will stop the case' we are being served papers,and we won't to know if there is anything we can do, my husband will be getting retirememt
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. What papers are you being served with? Foreclosure ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
motion for amount due,notice of filling,and a finale judicial report. but my mortgage company their telling me that my status is under review with the under writers, and they will decide in 30 days

What has the current firm told you about this and what to do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pay them 850.00

Were they retained just to try and modify your loan or to defend the foreclosure as well. Are you able to pay them in installments?