Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

May I speak to the barrister again

Customer Question

May I speak to the barrister again
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

.

Sorry for the delay, but I just saw this question.... If you could please rate the other question thread so it can be closed, I am happy to continue with any new questions you may have..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Are you still there
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating in the other thread. Did you have another question I can help with?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi and your welcome. I've tried calling the firm that files the papers. I can't get thru to anybody is an answering and vms. I called the hoa and they wouldn't give me info because it was turned over to the attnys. I called the circuit court clerk and she told me it was 188 to file summons. I am so nervous because the papers say it is to take over property and pay past due amounts.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

They may be a small firm and were probably out of the office or in court so you will just have to call back in the morning and then in the afternoon around 2 pm as that is the time when you can catch most attorneys in the office.

.

And yes, as I have said multiple times, they do want to evict you, take over the property, and then rent it out to get their past due money. That is the entire purpose in them filing the eviction action. They want their money. I really can't explain it any simpler than that. Once they get their money, they will be happy again and go away.

.

So if you can't get an answer on the phone, you may have to actually go down to their office and camp out until someone shows up so they can give you a print out of everything that is due..

.

But I got to thinking about it last night and the $900+ number might actually include the attorney fees if your monthly dues aren't very high. If you just moved in in April, that is just 6 months and if you haven't paid dues at all, unless they are $150 a month, that would explain the $900+ number.

.

Regardless, you are going to have to get in contact with the attorney to get the payoff amount to settle this.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just talked to the hoa and my monthly amount is 103 I owe since may 1st
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

So that is 6 months or $618.... add in late charges and interest and you might get up to the $900+... So it probably doesn't include the filing fees and attorney costs.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They told me it WAS a 20 $ late fee each month
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am not really sure how to respond to that... You still have to contact the attorney to get the total amount due...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I'm just so nervous because of what the summons said. It was too take possession and retrieve past due amounts. Sorry I worry
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

The thing is...saying it over and over doesn't help anything. You know what you need to do to fix it and now you just need to do it...

.

I realize it is scary, but you have the knowledge and information on how to fix it so the "ball is in your court", so to speak...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't want to lose my house. That's all I need is reassurance. The way I read it was I pay by 11/3 and then I get evicted. Obviously I'm not a lawyer but that's how scary it sounded to me. That the judge could still order me out. Sorry I just went thru a divorce after 30 years and nothing surprises me about what the outcome can be.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

No, that is not how it goes... you pay what is owed and then they don't have any legal grounds to pursue their case any more because you have removed their injury that they are seeking to be compensated for..

.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Injury?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Money damages are called an "injury". It is a financial injury.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't know that
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any further legal questions I can help with?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably just worried right now. It's been a rough year.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Nothing to worry about..just pay off amount due and that fixes everything.. Am out of office now.