Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Can I file of ownership before a judge gives their opinion

Customer Question

Can I file for partition of ownership before a judge gives their opinion regarding landlord tenant case?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes....these are two totally separate issues. The landlord-tenant situation is not relevant to whether or not a co-owner can file a suit for partition against other co-owners to force the sale of the property. The only impact of the landlord-tenant situation that could impact a suit for partition is the actual sale itself. If the property is subject to a landlord-tenant ccontroversy, that may impact a buyer's willingness to purchase the property.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!