P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

I am conveying a property that has a life use. Can I just

Customer Question

I am conveying a property that has a life use. Can I just include the individual that has the life use as a grantor? or is an additional affidavit needed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Depends...you can only sell what you own. Are you the life estate holder? Or remainderman?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a parcel owned by 2 parties and a 3rd having transferred the property to the first 2 with a life use, the property is being transferred to a different individual
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Again, you can only sell what you own.
So if the goal is to sell the current use? The life estate holder has to agree to that...they would need to be a grantor for that transaction. Then, in a separate transaction, the reminderman can sell their interest. This would allow you to sell the "fee" (the current and future use of the property)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.