Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Extended (executed) a residential lease with landlord to end

Customer Question

Extended (executed) a residential lease with landlord to end on Dec 14,2015. Landlord now wants to end lease on Nov 30,2015. Sent a form that If we do not sign by Oct 20,2015 then the lease will automatically end on Nov 30, 2015. Is the executed lease extension (Dec 14,2015) signed by both me and landlord valid?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

The landlord is out of luck here.. The signed lease extension is completely legally binding and the landlord has no legal grounds to terminate or modify it without your approval. A lease or extension is a legally binding contract on both parties and can not be unilaterally modified or terminated.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time. Don't let the landlord bully you because he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on....

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks much