Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

In Windsor height IA is on the market. the price shows

Customer Question

in Windsor height IA is on the market. the price shows 115,000. When we talked to the broker. ***** ***** said 130,000 is last offer. But when we met him today in that property .he gave the price was 150,000.and he said if we want to buy it we have to buy right away. within 12 hours! We even did not have time to hire a real estate lawer to help us for paper work. Is it possible there is a lawer would like to help us? We would really appreciate him or her! My husband name is***** email add is Edwinj890@
Yahoo.com
Thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Did you submit a written offer on the property that was accepted by the seller?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not. Just on the phone.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, unfortunately, if there was no accepted contract on the property for a set price, then the seller is free to increase the price that they are asking for the property if they choose. Their initial price was just an offer to sell that could be revoked or modified at any time up until a signed contract was completed.

.

Until a written sales contract is signed by both seller and buyer agreeing on a price, there is no contract so neither party is bound to anything. This is under a legal doctrine called the Statute of Frauds which states that any contract regarding real estate has to be in writing in order to be binding.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thks for you help first. I am learning that if I am a real estate agent sometimes I know how to play buyers very well.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. And yes, there are lots of unscrupulous people out there so you have to stick to your guns and not overpay as they are only in it for the commission.. As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a licensed realtor for over 11 years and have seen many shady realtors...

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I agree with you. Sorry I have to go home now. I will let my husband give you start! Have a good nite
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Thanks much.

.

All the best to you and yours.