Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

In Indiana--sister is executor of estate. She has built a

Customer Question

In Indiana--sister is executor of estate. She has built a house, bought 3-4 acres and gifted an acre before mother's death. Remaining land @12.3 with mother's house. Encouraged by mother's lawyer to use land usage surveyor for maximum monetary return. Sister said his rates were too high and went with real estate appraiser. Under appraised and sister wants to buy out remaining 2 heirs at that low value. Lawyer said she would fulfill her fiduciary responsibility to estate by getting 2nd appraisal--another real estate appraiser. I feel I should be able to ask for higher amount per acre after I pay for land usage survey and appraisal. Just don't know my rights
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

The land is still in mother's estate, correct?

.

Do the other heirs agree to sell to her?

.

Has the land actually been rezoned or subdivided so as to increase its value or would you just be getting an appraisal based on what it could be used for?

.

.

thanks