Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My son is purchasing a home here in Pennsylvania and he t a

Customer Question

My son is purchasing a home here in Pennsylvania and he hit a snag. While going through the loan process, it was determined that the home inspector missed the fact that the well (drinking water) is to close to the sewer. Is the home inspector at fault! Is he liable! What should my next course of action be. Sincerely Tony
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Is the home purchase contingent on him getting financing from the bank?

.

Did the home inspector's contract disclaim any liability for things that might have been missed during the inspection?

.

Has son incurred any costs associated with the loan other than the inspection costs at this point?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I continue this tomorrow afternoon as I have to find this out
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Sure, the question will remain open indefinitely so just reply once you get that information..

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to resume this tomorrow as he has to read the home inspectors report. But he incurred some charges. The bank approved the load (FHA) loan, he incurred charges mounting to about $475 for an appraisal, $543 home owners insurance, $750 for the inspection. And he might have to apply for a conventional loan which requires a larger down payment. Check back with you tommrow. Good night. Tony
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, just respond when you have the inspector's contract information..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately i need more time to get the home inspectors report. Something must be up when he asked about the home inspector and they didn't want to talk about it! But I did find out that they want him to apply for a convention loan (which would require him to put down $8,000). FHA which requires a 100 foot distance between a sewer and a well is the reason for the switch...If its okay to wait till tomorrow or monday at the latest...Tony
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

No worries. The question will stay open indefinitely until you respond...

.

.

thanks