Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

What is the Kansas law about geophysical surveyers going on

Customer Question

What is the Kansas law about geophysical surveyers going on your land without your oermission to do a "halo" survey for someone else's land that they are explornig for possible drilling. I will receive no benefit and only be paid a measley sum. A Texas firm sent me a contract and is pressuring me to sign. DO I have to? If I refuse, can they go on my land? Can I demand proof of worker's compension insurance?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

They cannot go onto your land in KS for doing a geophysical survey or any other type of survey without your permission. If they go onto your land without your consent, then it is deemed to be trespassing and you would be able to sue them for trespassing.

You could demand proof they have insurance if you decide to allow them to come onto your land for the survey. You do not have to allow them to come onto your land though.